To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Database Planning, Design and Review
• Plans and implements standards for the installation, configuration, administration and management of all database systems. Standardization to include “Best Practice” methodologies for database design, security, tools, programming techniques, policies and procedures.
• Provides technical guidance to Application Developers in database planning, design and performance optimization. Evaluates 3rd Party application systems for database functionality, security and performance.
• Reviews database design and integration with application systems and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline from a four-year college or university plus six to eight years related experience as a MS SQL Server database administrator; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Database Administrator must possess the following technical skills:
• 6 - 8 years experience as a MS SQL Server DBA
• Proven Work Experience and Knowledge of the following:
o Transact-SQL to develop and maintain SQL scripts
o Relational data modeling, dimensional data modeling, data warehousing, performance and tuning
o MS SQL database troubleshooting and performance tuning
o Using 3rd party database utilities and applications to architect and optimize performance of MS SQL databases.
o Installing and configuring MS SQL, architecting, configuring and performing backup and recovery operations, support/implement data replication and log shipping, database recovery and consistency checks, database design and operational support
o designing, implementing and maintaining MS SQL jobs, maintenance plans and DTS packages
o designing, implementing and maintaining database security
o supporting and maintaining production databases in a 24/7 environment utilizing Active/Active and Active/Passive clustering and other high availability technologies.
• Familiarity with a business intelligence reporting tool such as Crystal Reports, Business Objects or Microsoft Reporting Services desired.
• Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
• Insurance industry experience is preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center