To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Strategy & Planning
• Assist in creating quarterly work plan of activities in support of customer/vendor goals and/or strategy.
• Provide input to creation of rolling maintenance plan of activities 6-12 months in advance.
• Contribute to process improvement plans.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Participate, at the task level, in the transition of support for new IT solutions that have been implemented for customer by the Database Technical Services team or other implementation partners.
• Establish and maintain working relationship with representatives from the customer/vendor.
• Provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of projects, issues, and deliverables to representatives from the customer/vendor.
• Develop and maintain understanding of key processes, schedules, cycles, profiles, etc. for the technical systems in use by a customer.
• Manage small projects & change requests, using basic project management techniques.
• Maintain current knowledge of the technology workspace in terms of current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies, and their relevance and impact.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
Knowledge & Experience
• Basic understanding of information technology infrastructure and computer platforms.
• Knowledge of relational database through experience or relevant education (Oracle, SQL*Server, MySQL) preferred.
• Basic understanding of relational database administration concepts and SQL language preferred.
• Skilled using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Visio and flowcharting preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center