To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Database Administrator (SQL)
pecific Job Description:
• Ensure availability and performance of the databases that support the system. Proactively
monitor the database systems to ensure minimum downtime. Work with the Windows Administration team
to maintain the databases.
• Capacity planning and monitoring database growth. Providing trend analysis to management team
to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of issues related to the SQL Server and
• Responsible for the improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and
• Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database
to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
• Create shell scripts for task automation.
Bachelors degree with 10+ years related experience.
• Profession experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle & DB2) preferred.
• Knowledge of the Windows Server O/S and AD authentication.
• Knowledge of storage architecture as it relates to physical DB design.
• Knowledge of SQL reporting services and other application features.
• Ability to write & tune SQL scripts for data retrieval and reporting.
• Experience analyzing and developing advanced DTS ad SSIS packages.
• Experience with 3rd party SQL Backup and Restore Applications. IE:Commvault SQL iData Agents.
• Experience with DB mirroring, log shipping and programs similar to Double Take.
• Adaptability to changing priorities and flexible workloads.
• Able to work long hours when required.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center