To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
DB2 UDB DBA
The DB2 Administrator will provide physical data base support for DB2 LUW in UNIX/AIX environments.
The primary responsibilities of the role of the DB2 Administrator are:
• Monitoring, analyzing and tuning of database performance at both the system and application level.
• Providing physical database design as well as participate in application and system architecture design
• Designing and implementing database backup and recovery strategies. Install and maintain DB2 LUW in UNIX/AIX and Windows environments
• Managing database and database support tool configurations in development, test, and production environments
Ensuring database availability and security
• Planning and practicing disaster recovery procedure
• Providing on-call support to production databases.
The Ideal candidate for the DB2 Administrator position will have: • 9+ years of experience in information technology with at least four of those years as a DB2 LUW in UNIX/AIX environments • Deep knowledge of DB2 LUW Version 9 database administration at the design, operational and system levels • Demonstrated ability to tune complex database systems at the application, database and system levels • Thorough knowledge of and experience with database security, backup, recovery and archiving • Knowledge of and experience with AIX/UNIX operating system, utilities, file system, kernel, memory management, security, and devices • Knowledge and skills with IBM and third party products to automate and facilitate database management • Demonstrated project management skills • Demonstrated collaboration, facilitation, and cross functional team skills.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related work experience. If no degree, two additional years of experience are required for each year of college not completed.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center