To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Server DBA
- Work with engineering and IT management to continue to scale the existing database architecture and infrastructure to meet current and future needs for performance, reliability, and availability.
- Maintain, extend and enhance the existing merge replication topology between database servers within the data center.
- Design, test and deploy enhancements to existing database schema(s) including new and enhanced tables/procedures/triggers, and manage changes to merge publications and subscribers.
- Maintain, extend and enhance existing maintenance (SQL Agent) jobs, backups, data retention policies, re-building indexes and other performance and clean up jobs.
- Monitor and maintain a high-level of database performance at all times.
- Monitor and implement database security policies.
- Maintain and extend existing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports.
- Develop, test and publish new SSRS reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA), Master (MCM) or Certified IT Professional (MCITP) for SQL SERVER 2008 is required.
- 5 to 8 years’ overall DBA experience which includes a combination of:
- 3+ years’ experience as DBA for Microsoft SQL SERVER 2008 R2 Standard or Enterprise with Reporting and Integration Services.
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services (SSRS); Designing new and maintaining existing reports using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL Server 2008 R2 Merge Replication including definition and maintenance of merge publications with web-based synchronization to subscribers.
- Expert level T-SQL and SQL Server Management Studio skills
- Significant experience designing and working with enterprise-scale, commercial, production-level database applications.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center