To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
- Plan and schedule the installation and testing of new products and improvements to current systems.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems, to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Prepare technical specifications for application enhancements.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on Oracle products, tools, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Work with developers, system, and network administrators to support and improve system performance and stability.
- Provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of projects, issues, and deliverables to representatives from the customer/vendor.
- Mentor and coach entry-level database administrators.
- Work with vendor technical support to facilitate analysis of and resolution to technical issues.
- 5 or more years of experience in information technology.
- 5 or more years of experience with Oracle database administration and PL/SQL development.
- Experience with implementing and supporting Oracle Data Guard, RMAN, and ASM.
- Exposure to Oracle Exadata is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle RAC is highly preferred
- Experience with installation/upgrade/patching with Oracle databases.
- Experience working as SAP Basis Administrator with demonstrated experience related to support, maintenance, and implementation projects preferred
- Experience working with SAP environments on Linux with ORACLE Database preferred
- Experience with supporting SQL Server.
- Strong expertise in Database and Performance Tuning and Optimization.
- Experience in developing documentation, white papers and presentations to all levels of management and technical staff.
- Exposure to other BI tools, including Informatica or Business Objects is a plus.
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages.
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Management, Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and QA teams.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center