To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Oracle Database Administrator
Administer Oracle Databases including DB upgrades, backup and recovery, DataGuard, Advanced Replication, Enterprise Manager, capacity management, deployment of production code changes and failover testing.
-Monitor and tune system and database performance.
- Participate as an active member of project teams related to installation of locally developed software modules, ensuring good documentation and adherence to technical design standards/architecture.
- Test and install vendor patches and new releases, following change-control management and vendor-recommended best practices and procedures.
- Utilize the Oracle tools SQL*Plus and PL/SQL to create packages, functions, views and processes to aid in reporting, query optimization, standardization and database maintenance.
- Provide status and issue reports as requested.
- Respond to requests to address auditor recommendations and comply with set standards and goals.
- Be willing to respond to occasional emergency situations as they arise outside of normal working hours.
- Be willing to flex schedule for planned outages and upgrades as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in computer-related field or 5-7 years relevant experience.
- At least 2-3 years of Oracle Database Administration experience including Oracle replication (Streams and Data Guard).
- Experience in the implementation, administration, and systems/database support of highly complex enterprise applications and subsystems.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of information technology and information management with a focus on relational database technology is essential.
- Knowledge of security, system backup, and disaster recovery techniques and best practices.
- Working familiarity with data warehousing concepts, techniques, tools.
- Familiarity with administration of other Oracle technologies such as Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center