To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
1. Coordinates the planning and development of new, complex relational databases.
2. Assess and convert data from multiple databases and external sources at various levels of sophistication into the new MIS system. Develop database applications that respond to and are in alignment with the evaluationís design and requirements.
3. Prepare reports that summarize the analysis of research data, interpret these findings and provide conclusions and recommendations. Analyze and determine informational needs and elements, and consult on complex analysis and database problems.
4. Maintains and administers database systems to ensure effective implementation and use of databases including software testing, debugging, and data quality assurance projects.
5. Implements technical solutions including installation, configuration, and resolution of issues with multiple layers of products and technologies.
6. Works directly with University departments to troubleshoot problems, create reports, identify and resolve technical issues. Communicates directly with staff to understand goals and solve user problems.
7. Documents end user's experience, and develops methodologies and assessment techniques that address usability goals.
8. Provides training on database, appropriate use and facilitates user groups.
9. Performs various coding, debugging and unit testing tasks in support of assigned projects.
10. Assists in evaluating University business and administrative processes and needs and develops solutions to technical problems.
11. Assists in developing and implementing database security procedures, including access authorization, logins, and permissions.
12. Applies current programming standards and methodologies to all relevant projects and activities.
13. May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and five years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center