To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Server DB Administrator
• Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and request, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs
• Reviewing service related reports (database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs
• Responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with development team to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems
• Support internal customers, such as Development, QA, Ad Operations, International and BI teams as well as participate in data related projects
• Execute DB scripts as part of code development/release cycle
• Design, administer, monitor and troubleshoot DB backup/restore process for multiple teams
• Participate in DCO/DBA on call rotation
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
All must be met to be considered.
•BA/BS in computer science, information technology or equivalent experience required
•Minimum 3-4 years experience with Database Administration for SQL Server (2008 or above). SQL 2012 experience highly desired.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
•Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
•Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
•Hands on experience with SQL Sentry and Lightspeed tool sets.
•Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
•Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server including SQL 2012 Always On Availability Groups.
•Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
•Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics
•Experience working with Windows Server 2008 R2, including Active Directory and proper disk configuration for SQL Server
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center