To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Junior SQL DBA / System Administrator
* Maintain complex data processing applications and work with sensitive financial information
* Perform production support of existing and new applications including proactive monitoring, troubleshooting, tracing, and on-call support to ensure availability and performance requirements are met.
* Take lead role in coordinating, scheduling and deploying all supported applications
* Manage, monitor and update all systems that host critical applications
* Ensure all corporate IT governance requirements are met including controls and change management processes.
* Analyzes system and/or network performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize resources. Monitor resource usage and make adjustments as needed.
* Implements security hardening measures on hardware installations. Documents and maintains standard operating procedures.
* Participates in on-call Tier 2 production support activities based upon documented support procedures. Proactively puts procedures in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages under the guidance of Sr. Engineers or Architects.
* Responsible for accurately estimating and planning activities within the domain for individual tasks to provide the necessary input into the project managers for developing an end to end plan under the direction of the manager or consultant.
* Pro-actively seeks out on the job training from senior resources to increase both technical and professional skills
* Coordinates activities with vendors as required.
* May participate as a team member on software or network development projects.
* Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-10 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
* Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must
be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
* Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as
needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously
with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
* Extensive understanding of SQL Server (2012, 2008R2, etc.)
* 3+ years of database administration experience with SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 preferably in a large-scale infrastructure environment
* 3+ years of development experience with SQL Server with creating stored procedures, views, triggers, reports, complex SQL queries, etc
* 3+ years working in Microsoft windows environment (Windows 2008, Windows 2012, etc)
* Good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory environments
* Extensive experience with SQL patching, updates, upgrades and Migration.
* Good experience with SQL HA and DR technologies such as Mirroring, log shipping and Always ON.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center