To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
• Partner with the Client Services team to analyze existing systems and solutions, identify areas for process improvement and guide the business in the establishment of effective and efficient automated solutions.
• Lead project planning activities, design meetings and architectural reviews, and code reviews for the purpose of designing, architecting, developing and implementing quality BI enhancements or solutions for our clients.
• Facilitate the completion of database and integration related tasks as well as the required documentation supporting the System Development Life Cycle (Feasibility, Inception, Development, Testing, Implementation and Support). Coordinate project related activities.
• Provide leadership and guidance on process, methodology, and direct content review that will support the project team. Participate in or lead design and code reviews.
• Evaluate and design logical and physical databases; use modeling techniques to analyze and specify data usage within application areas; define logical views and physical data structures.
• Provide data access methods for clients utilizing the latest best practices.
• Code stored procedures, triggers and data porting applications in support of BI applications.
• Evaluate and monitor databases to resolve performance issues, minimize data redundancy and support capacity planning.
• Maintain MS SQL Server databases in the BI development and test environments. Create/alter databases; replicate databases; perform day-to-day database administration.
• Design, implement and support database backup and recovery procedures.
• Develop data requirements for application/inter-application test plans and test scenarios; verify test results. Coordinate testing activities for appropriate applications system development team(s) with database Administrators as required
• Assist with creating and maintaining documentation standards, coach others on developing high quality documentation.
• Perform problem determination (root cause analysis), and document the source of problems and their resolution. Aid customers and other staff members in resolving errors resulting from the use of applications. Recognize and analyze trends in errors so as to identify and install long term solutions to problems.
• Manage multiple tasks and projects to schedule, ensuring requirements are met. Report on progress weekly and measure against goals/initiatives to management for meeting project objectives.
• Mentor new or junior BI team members.
• College degree in computer related field or equivalent experience required.
• 5+ years of proven experience including a broad range of Database Administration (MS SQL Server 2000).
• Minimum 2 years of proven experience of Database Administration (MS SQL Server 2005)
• Minimum 5 years MS SQL Server as a designer and DBA highly desired.
• Minimum 5 years SQL programming experience highly desired.
• Extensive Experience with Stored Procedures.
• Experience with SSIS is required.
• Experience with database design tools.
• Experience in SSRS;
• Cognos experiences is a plus.
• Production database administration is a big plus.
• Familiar with the principles of data warehouse development.
• Experience in ETL tools for loading of databases and/or warehouses.
• Possess and be able to apply knowledge of database principles and practice.
• Skilled in the administration of multi-database environments.
• Familiar with Object Oriented programming techniques and methodologies.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center