To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
IT Database Administrator II
1. Takes the lead role in working with all types of project teams (including analysts and business designers) to design types of databases required to meet user needs.
2. Takes responsibility for the ongoing tuning and optimizing of existing complex databases. Works with IS application areas to define and implement security profiles and administration.
3. Designs and implements enhancements to existing databases. Works on extended assignments to debug or fix major database problems.
4. Performs logical and physical data modeling and transaction analysis.
5. Provides key expertise relevant to the more complex databases. Develops specialized expertise in setting up databases for analytical (vs. operational) use.
6. Develops and maintains a comprehensive library of all supporting documentation, and initiates corrective action to ensure all database servers meet or exceed processing requirements for performance and reliability.
7. Manages effective working relationships with the internal customers from a variety of IS application areas.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in IS, Computer Science required
• 4 – 6 Years IS experience
• Alternative: Combination of education and experience (years /description) 3 – 5 years directly related experience
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• In addition to the four year degree, or equivalent experience, at least three years experience designing and working with a variety of analytical and operations databases (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
• Excellent communication skills with strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
• Excellent PC skills required.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center