To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Candidates must have extensive experience as a DBA with experience in developing, optimizing, and managing databases supporting large applications transactional and web based applications.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the design, installation, deployment, maintenance, and tuning of large and complex applications and databases on Linux/UNIX and/or Cloud based relational database platforms such as Amazon RDS. Additional expertise in NoSQL database environments such as MongoDB or Amazon DynamoDB is beneficial.
Candidates must be able to work well in a team environment and independently. Experience with high performance SAN environments is expected. Experience with shared-nothing cluster architecture, high-availability, partitioning, and sharing is required. In addition, the ability to write and analyze shell scripts, SQL, PLSQL and Oracle Utilities is required. Experience in Oracle and MS SQL database management is a plus.
• Strong relational database background in data warehouse/decision support and transaction processing environments
• Physical data model development
• Understanding of logical and physical design
• Table-level striping/partitioning
• MySQL Database installation, configuration and space management
• Database client installation and configuration
• Database tuning at the database and object level
• Database security; Scripting, system configuration and management
• OS contention issue analysis and resolution
• Backup and recovery at both OS and database levels
• Expert knowledge of PL/SQL & SQL
• SQL Tuning
• Experience with systems development lifecycle
• Operational and technical documentation
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center