To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
IT- Database Administrator
• Primary responsibilities for the support of Oracle/SQL Server databases, Oracle
Application servers support EBS and Integration environments. This Includes installation,
updates/patches, upgrades, tuning, optimization, backups and resource management
• Responsible for database support of Oracle EBS Application Databases and associated custom-developed conversions, interfaces, and bolt-ons
• Develop, document and maintain procedures for patch loads, data backups, restores, performance tuning, and configurations of all aspects of an Oracle RAC and Application Server technology
• Maintain relationship with vendors such as Oracle, Teradata, Microsoft etc.
• Administer, maintain, develop, document and implement policies and procedures to
ensure the security and integrity of all Oracle and some SQL Server databases.
• Working and Conceptual knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse & OLAP tools
• Advice Application Development teams on database usage, PL/SQL best practices and
• Participate in 24X7X365 on-call rotation. The on-call DBA must be able to facilitate and
manage diverse Database, infrastructure and application problems and provide third level
support to other on-call teams
• 4-6 years as Oracle 9i/10G DBA on a RAC environment. At least two of these years working with high demand based, service oriented environment on UNIX/Windows. SAN based experience preferred.
• 1-2 years experience in Implementing and tuning Oracle Applications and supporting customization (EBS 11.5.10 preferred)
• 1 year experience in Oracle 10g AS, supporting Portal, BPEL, Integration repositories
• Experience with Oracle Financials, Order Management and Retail specific applications is considered a plus
• Strong working knowledge of Database design fundamentals and the use of modeling tools [ERWIN preferred] for logical and physical data modeling
• Strong knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, SQL and database instance tuning using OEM Grid Control, Backup & Recovery using RMAN- Veritas Netbackup interface and all other aspects of Database Administration
• Experience with High Availability technologies such as RAC, Dataguard, Flash Back etc.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project or other project management tools
• Working knowledge of the architecture, implementation, and support of an enterprise data warehouse.
• Experience with at least one other RDBMS technology such as SQL Server and/or Teradata
• Knowledge of Java, XML, Born Shell etc. is desirable
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center