To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
1. Possession of a pertinent baccalaureate educational degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) and/or Information & Computer Sciences (ICS) and 3 years of progressively responsible professional information technology experience with responsibilities for applications database administration and management, of which 2 years of the experience must have been comparable in scope and complexity to the next lower payband in the University of Hawai'i broadband system; or equivalent education/training or experience.
2. Considerable working knowledge of database design, development and administration as demonstrated by the broad knowledge and understanding of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving information technology concepts, principles and methodology.
3. Considerable working knowledge and understanding of the broad technology, systems, hardware and software associated with software development.
4. Considerable working knowledge of and demonstrated ability in design and deployment of applications databases, data marts, and data warehouse in a large, multi-departmental organization.
5. Considerable working knowledge of and demonstrated ability in the implementation of replicated and distributed databases and database supporting high volumes of transactions.
6. Considerable working knowledge of and demonstrated ability in extract, transform, and load (ETL) architecture and database design fundamentals.
7. Considerable working knowledge of and demonstrated ability in physical data modeling, data warehouse architecture and ETL development with tools such as Erwin Data Modeler or Oracle Warehouse Builder.
8. Considerable working knowledge of and demonstrated ability in Oracle and one or more Database Management Systems such as MySQL, MS SQL Server and/or DB2.
9. Considerable working knowledge of and demonstrated ability in coding PL/SQL and SQL and writing SQR reports for efficient data retrieval in a complex scheme, stored procedures, triggers, and server side scripting, and SQL Loader.
10. Considerable working knowledge of and demonstrated ability in database performance tuning and trouble-shooting.
11. Considerable working knowledge of and demonstrated ability in systems development methodology and techniques.
12. Demonstrated ability to recognize a wide range of intricate problems, use reasoning and logic to determine accurate causes, and apply principles and practices to determine, evaluation, integrate, and implement practical and thorough solutions in an effective and timely manner.
13. Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
14. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
15. Demonstrated ability to develop clean, structured programs and conduct thorough testing; recognize problems, identify possible causes, and resolve routine problems.
16. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a positive, service-oriented manner with colleagues, internal and external customers/organizations, and vendors.
17. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with supervisor, project staff, and customers in a team environment to accomplish tasks and to meet deadlines.
18. Demonstrated ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
19. Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new programming languages independently and in a timely manner using books, manuals, and other resources.
20. Ability to work a variable work schedule; and work outside normally scheduled work hours including day, night, weekend and/or holiday hours, as directed.
21. For supervisory work, demonstrated ability to lead subordinates, manage work priorities and projects, and manage employee relations.
22. Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center