To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
1. As a Senior Data Base Administrator for Network Operations / IT this position executes with minimal supervision, following defined procedures, to accomplish the complex elements of technical duties dealing with the Management of the SQL Server Database and it components.
2. Assure the customer impacting databases are recoverable.
3. Ensure the database remains online and available to customer service and clients, the databases should perform well and present data accurately.
4. Plan and implement database configuration settings. Determine impact of configuration changes on other modules and processes. Plan and direct overall strategy and methodology
5. Provide or create tools, utilities and programs to extract information from the business system in formats that meet the users needs.
6. Train users on correct and productive use of business applications.
7. Assure that the business system database is accurate and error-free by coordinating corrective actions with appropriate divisions, departments, and support personnel.
8. Maintain performance of the data retrieval by ensuring proper design and maintenance on the database applications.
9. Establish procedures to assure the business system environment is meeting the requirements of corporate disaster prevention/recovery plans.
10. Plan, manage, and coordinate all database application upgrades.
11. Analyze current business processes compared to application software capability. Make recommendations for modifying processes or software to maximize productivity.
12. Analyze and evaluate software solutions for applicability to corporate requirements. Research and make recommendations for business software and hardware.
Bachelors degree in Business or Computer Science. Previous experience in a Business System support role and/or formal education in the listed discipline, equal to 4 years, may be substituted for the degree.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center