To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Design logical and physical databases and coordinate database development as part of the project team
* Reviews the design of existing database objects and provides recommendations to correct existing deficiencies.
* Reviews application designs and makes recommendations to incorporate best practices into database design; publish standards and best practices as they relate to Database Objects
* Determine appropriate security and data based on project requirements and provide time and cost estimates for project work.
* Attend specification meetings with project team, determine scope and limitation of project, and review requirements
* Revise company definition of data as defined in data dictionary
Write/implement physical data base description, such as location, space requirements, and access method, to protect company data
* Control system capacity for existing requirements and plan for future needs.
* Supervise or mentors Development Staff in the use of the database or the construction of database objects (i.e. Stored Procedures, Tables, Triggers etc.)
* Make efficient use of servers, balancing loads as needed
* Determine and implement appropriate maintenance activities such as backups, recoveries, job scheduling, upgrades to the database engine or operating system, updating statistics, server monitoring, etc.
* Actively monitor production environment and respond quickly to performance issues Participate in the identification and resolution of resource intensive processes on Oracle and SQL platforms that impact production performance. Coordinate and assist with research and tuning recommendations.
* Enforce compliance with standards and policies.
* Bachelorís degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of five years related experience including working in a virtualized server environment
* Working knowledge of recent RDBMS platforms and Microsoft SQL, Server 2000, 2005, 2008,
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center