To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Server DBA
* Ensure nightly jobs are run without error. Fix and rerun nightly jobs as required. Report problems to supervisor in a timely manner.
* Restore and test database backups weekly in order to ensure stability of backups and backup media.
* Implement automated systems to solve complex business opportunities.
* Write test plans and execute unit and system testing.
* Provide escalation support from other IT team members.
* Implement code changes and modifications to databases to support other IT team members
* Develop integrations, maintenance, data integrity and performance by utilizing T-SQL, SSIS, .NET and Powershell.
* Develop SSRS reports.
* Monitor and analyze database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and recommend, plan and implement efficiency improvements.
* Implement change controls in the DBA area.
* Monitor physical data storage for database systems.
* Coordinates and works with appropriate IT staff, focusing on data storage and performance considerations for applications systems being developed or purchased.
* Works with developers, systems administrators and works with a data dictionary to ensure data integrity and security.
* Creates physical database tables, indexes, triggers, views and linked servers. Administers and controls an organizationís data resources, including multiple relational databases and servers.
* Recovers corrupted data and eliminates data redundancy.
* Four year degree in Computer Science or Business IT
* Database certifications
* Two years proven SQL query writing experience in any AQL language
* One to two years experience working as a Database Administrator and developing applications
* Good interviewing and listening skills
* Basic functional design skills
* Basic technical foundation in database, structure, design, configuration, installation and practice
* Create reports using SSRS, Excel, SSMS, relational data stores and multi-dimensional data stores (SSAS)
* Basic understanding of SDLC (system development life cycle)
* Ability to write in T-SQL
* Familiarity with a programming language outside of SQL
* Familiarity with enterprise technologies outside of SQL Server including but not limited to: Networking, Server hardware, Operating system internals, Shell Programming, .NET framework, iSeries DB2 data stores, Oracle, SharePoint
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center