To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator
• Provide design, installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, migration, capacity planning, proactive maintenance, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
• Competence in T-SQL and batch scripting to automate administrative tasks. Windows Powershell experience is a plus.
• Actively participate and contribute to projects involving enterprise database systems enhancements to meet business requirements. Participate in project design as well as SQL Server database design decisions.
• Project sizing process - including design reviews as necessary to appropriately size new environments, recommend design strategies and deliver associated cost and resource effort estimates.
• The administrator will also recommend and implement tools for backup monitoring and trending and data protection. The qualified candidate will also recommend and implement policies and standards ensuring adherence to best practices and security procedures.
• Provide rotational 24X7 on call support for the database landscape including driving Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Preventative action follow-through, and participation for operations reviews.
• Bachelors Degree is required
• Five or more years of Database Administrator experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience with configuring, implementing, and supporting highly available and disaster tolerant strategies with SQL Server.
• Exceptional written and oral communication abilities including strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Strong technical documentation skills
• Successful experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Oracle database support experience highly desirable
• Oracle Hyperion and SAP Business Objects database support preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years of hands-on experience with Commvault Simpana enterprise backup software.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center