To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
1. Installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of application software, middleware, and databases that support the university's enterprise information systems.
2. Development and design of database strategies, system monitoring and improvement of application and database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements.
3. Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve database related issues for enterprise application systems.
4. Establish database storage structures (tablespaces) and objects (tables, views, indexes) in consultation with application developers.
5. Provide database-related technical support for application developers.
6. Assist with the coordination and implementation of ERP security measures.
7. Assist with planning for backup and recovery of enterprise database information.
8. Documents procedures under supervision of project leader and director.
9. Provide after hours on-call support for critical database issues.
10. Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with university policies, procedures and core values.
11. A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field is required as well as 2-3 years progressive experience in applications
12. Oracle Database Administration and Administration of other Oracle technologies including OWB, PL/SQL, Application Server, Discoverer, Fusion Middleware.
13. Shell Scripting in Unix, Linux, Solaris.
14.Specific experience with the Banner ERP system, Ellucian's ODS/EDW, Banner Document Management System, Banner Workflow, UC4 job scheduling system.
15. Cognos Business Intelligence tools, star schemas and cubes desired.
16. Directory Service, Identity and Access Management knowledge desired.
17. SQL Server Database Admin and Windows OS
18. Web technologies including Apache, Tomcat
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center