To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior DBA, SQL
• Participation in the design, creation, and maintenance of computerized databases.
• Responsible for quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
• Responsible for all aspects of database administration for SQL Server databases including problem solving, configuration, and implementation efforts for large and / or complex projects with an emphasis in operation excellence and continuous improvement of database related processes and procedures.
• Responsible for on-going monitoring, maintenance, tuning, backups, and recovery of SQL databases ensuring high levels of data available and database performance.
• Tunes and optimizes SQL Statements, Instance Parameters, and Data Storage, including the identification of performance related issues.
• Creates database objects.
• Responsible for indexes, buffers, and cache.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or related discipline with an IT focus preferred or equivalent years of progressive experience.
• Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to work constructively in a team environment
• 3 years of database experience (SQL required, combination of Oracle and SQL preferred) or the equivalent in education and work experience.
• Experience setting up clustered servers
• Experience with replicating & mirroring
• Performance tuning (advanced level)
• Database design & architecture
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center