To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
- Being a technical resource for SQL related design, performance, security and configuration issues
- Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution for MS SQL Server related issues
- Support both VMware virtualized environments and bare metal installations for databases
- Strong understanding of customer baseline capabilities, design and objectives, and applying improvements to systems
- Maintenance of current data center infrastructures
- Interacts with end user to validate business requirements against technical implementation plan
- Supports the Certification and Accreditation process - running SRR, resolving findings, documenting solutions, workarounds or provide justifications for exceptions
- Current and Active TS/SCI Security Clearance with Polygraph (No exceptions)
- A grade/level E05 requires a minimum of 8+ years relevant experience
- A grade/level E06 requires a minimum of 10+ years relevant experience
- Apache Hadoop, PostgresSQL, MYSQL or VMware or Oracle DBMS knowledge
- Possess knowledge of SQL Server and its tools including the facets of successfully administering a wide range of simple to highly complex environments.
- Be able to evaluate and install new software releases, patches and system upgrades.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage.
- Experience managing technology strategy / roadmap.
- Experience with development and execution of database security policies, procedures and auditing-experience with database authentication methods, authorization methods, and data encryption techniques. - Possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability; focus on customer service.
- Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall database and applications environment.
- 10+ years of experience for the E05 Level
- 12+ years of experience for the E06 Level
- Experience supporting Intelligence, DoD, or DHS Customers
- Understanding of Certification and Accreditation (ICD 503/DCID 6/3) processes as they apply to database technologies
- Operating system and hardware platform knowledge preferred.
- Experience working with large unstructured data sets
- Experience with Map/Reduce technologies
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Excellent writing skills
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center