To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Database Administrator (DBA)
* Responsible for the installation, configuration, monitoring, and support of assigned database servers.
* Ensure that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures, scheduled jobs and routines are functioning correctly.
* Proactively monitor database(s) for on-going performance issues and address any degradation.
* Proactively monitor servers and databases for errors or alerts and address any issues.
* Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security, ensuring such access utilizes company standards and policies.
* Implement database designs.
* Assist development staff with query optimization, server configurations, and implementation of database changes. Serve as the database “expert” to end users and developers.
* Assist in developing and maintaining data definition and consistency initiatives.
* Support data standards & security practices, including adhering to any local laws or legislation related to data security..
* Troubleshoot and resolve database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
* Project management skills, including ability to define work plans, delegate work, monitor progress, and report scheduled variances and/or scope changes.
* Ability to collaborate and identify/resolve conflicts or barriers to effective teamwork
* Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to express ideas clearly to individuals and groups.
* Presentation skills required to enable the development and delivery of formal presentations
* Ability to prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
* Ability to analyze problems, determine and implement appropriate solutions.
* Must have a baccalaureate degree in a technical field (computer science, engineering, applied math, applied science, etc.) from an accredited U.S. college or university, or equivalent foreign institution.
* Must have a minimum of five years relevant work experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center