To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Server Database Administrator
* Provide support of high number of production and lower lifecycle Instances.
* Responsible for hardware capacity planning and database upgrades.
* Provide SQL Server database administration/management and apply advanced performance tuning techniques.
* Provide technical troubleshooting for applications and database systems with emphasis on root cause analysis.
* Write and maintain documentation describing changes and architecture modifications to all systems and databases.
* Participate in the researching solutions to various business and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and work with the team in providing commendations/justifications to management.
* Manage database related projects, design, implement and support moderate to large sized databases.
* Provide 24/7 on-call support for production database Systems
* Collaborate with the Development team on application architecture design and decision-making
* Demonstrate subject matter expertise in SQL Server DBM
* Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed.
* Works with less structured, more complex issues.
* Serves as a resource to others.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 5+ years of technical applications support and/or support industry experience preferably in a hosted services environment
* 2+ years experience SQL Server Database Administration on SQL 2005 and/or SQL 2008R2
* 2+ years experience with the Integration Services (SSIS)
* 2+ years experience with SQL reporting services (SSRS)
* 2+ years experience and proficient in Transact SQL and performance tuning.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center