To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Five or more years experience as a Microsoft SQL Server database administrator with significant SQL Server 2000/2005 production experience, knowledge of SQL server 2008
* Best practice for data modelling
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Experience designing logical and physical databases
* Solid experience w/Performance Monitor, Profiler, Query Analyzer and other tools to find areas that need tweaking
* Strong Knowledge of high availability architecture including clustering, data replication to multisite, transaction log shipping, database mirroring, hands on knowledge with MS SQL SERVER 2005/2008. Business Intelligence offering products Analysis Services, Reporting Services and Integration Services
* Create and maintain maintenance scripts for databases design and implementation, and participate in the disaster recovery process and database backups.
* Perform system optimization and improvement planning including but not limited to SQL Server database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance/tuning ensuring maximum performance. Develop and implement security policies.
* Hands-on support of large databases, including, but not limited to, monitoring, re-indexing, general database maintenance, extract- transformation-load, backup/recovery, documentation, and configuration.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center