To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Create, test and document custom stored procedures and jobs as required.
* Serve as data gatekeeper for backend modification to data in all SQL Server systems
* Manage and perform backup/restore and replication of databases for data recovery and testing.
* Produce specifications, entity relationship diagrams and data maps as needed for technical documentation.
* Identify and apply appropriate service packs and updates.
* Employ SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, or comparable utilities to monitor server and query processes to assess and optimize databases.
* Assist with the evaluation of new versions of SQL Server and migration of older systems to current versions of SQL Server.
* Administer and monitor all database profiles and security.
* Assist development team with creating efficient queries, stored procedures, jobs, etc.
* Work closely with the IT department as a whole to proactively meet SQL Server needs for the business.
* Work with the Applications and Technical Services team to ensure all systems are configured properly to host SQL databases, both prior to purchase and prior to deployment.
* Maintain professional and positive relationship with database services partner.
* Bachelorís degree preferably in Computer Science, MIS, or 3 to 5 equivalent experience
* 5 to 8 years of proven Database Administration experience using Microsoft SQL Server or other RDBMS solutions.
* SQL Server database experience must encompass: Architecture, Database Design, Referential Integrity concepts, Replication, Mirroring, Security design, Stored Procedures, Triggers, and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
* Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of SQL via queries and Stored Procedures.
* A minimum of 18 months of SQL Scripting.
* An excellent team player with a professional attitude.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline intensive environment.
* Solid communication and time management skills.
* Extreme attention to detail. Error-free results are critical.
* Extreme comfort in Windows integrated environments, including server OS, server products, active directory, security policy, Powershell, .Net framework and Visual Studios.
* Knowledge of VB, ASP, and XML.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center