To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Monitor performance of the SQL Server databases w/in the organization
* Perform nightly backup of core databases, verifying validity of backups on a routine basis
* Recommend hardware resources required to serve day to day needs
* Monitor database storage needs and create capacity planning recommendations for various SQL Server databases w/in organization
* Ensure database roles and permissions are being adhered to
* Troubleshoot data import, export, and performance related issues
* Supports other departments with data retrieval and reporting needs
* Knowledge of SQL database management and database design
* Experience in interpreting and creating data models
* Experience in operating in a high-volume, high traffic, 24/7/365 environment
* Knowledge of SQL Server Replication setup and maintenance
* Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services
* Extensive knowledge of importing and exporting data using bulk insert/BCP and format files
* Fluent in one or more scripting languages for use in maintenance and data migration tasks a plus
* Good communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate across technology organization and other business units.
* In depth knowledge of Microsft SQL Server 2005, 2008. SQL Server 2012 a plus.
* Cloud computing ( SQL Azure/Amazon RDS ) a plus.
* Experience with standard SQL Server performance monitoring and tuning concepts.
* 3+ years of logical and physical Microsoft SQL Server database design experience.
* 3+ years of database development experience including stored procedures, functions, views (T-SQL).
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center