To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Oracle Database Administrator
* Provide database administration on production, development and test Oracle databases in a UNIX environment to ensure security, redundancy, scalability, and availability.
* Assist development and front-line support teams to troubleshoot problems and to enforce fundamentals of good database design.
* Test and manage vendor supplied upgrades and patches to the database.
* Work with network administrators to manage a successful backup and recovery strategy as it relates to Oracle databases.
* As part of the IT team, as needed provide 24X7 infrastructure support to both internal and external customers.
* Bachelor's Degree and certification in Oracle Technology
* 5 years experience working with databases including 2-3 years as a Database Administrator in a production environment
* Strong working knowledge of the fundamentals of Oracle 11g Administration in RAC environment, including Data Guard, Enterprise Manager, backup and recovery techniques
* Strong working knowledge of Unix fundamentals, best practices, and shell scripting
* Proficiency in PL/SQL
* Understanding of Oracle performance tuning concepts and techniques
* Experience with:
o Relational database design concepts and modeling tools
o IT change management processes and controls; version control concepts and tools
* Working experience with virtual environments using VMware is a plus
* A Broad understanding of financial markets is preferred
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center