To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
* Responsible for the database release process (including off hours deployments).
* Assist production support teams (Datacenter Support / DevOps) and development teams with application deployments and issue resolution.
* Support deployment of DTS and SSIS packages.
* Responsible for managing and maintaining SQL Server database environments.
* Maintain and monitor performance, space utilization, uptime and availability of all database systems.
* Proactively monitor, troubleshoot and optimize performance issues and provide recommendations and solutions.
* Maintain database backup jobs and ensure the integrity of backups.
* Responsible for patching and updating database servers.
* Responsible for configuring and maintaining SQL Server replication.
* Provide change management support to promote changes to staging and production environments while ensuring full recoverability.
* Participate in an on-call rotation.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 3-5 years of in depth SQL Server Database Administration experience.
* Experience in monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability service.
* Experience with T-SQL; developing store procedure, triggers, functions.
* Experience in designing and supporting multiple high volume SQL 2000, SQL2005 and SQL2008 Server databases.
* Familiarity with SQL Server Integration Services.
* Experience with SQL Server Replication.
* Strong knowledge of database design with emphasis on proper normalization techniques.
* Practical experience managing SQL Server and Windows security.
* Strong communication (both written and verbal) skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Familiarity with managing SQL Server Reporting Services.
* Experience with SQL Server 2012 is a plus.
* MySQL 5.x administration is a plus.
* Windows Server management experience is a plus.
* Prior software release experience is a plus.
* Experience with VMware is a plus.
* Working understanding of SAN technologies is a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center