To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Oracle Database Administrator
* Interface with other central organizations to improve and implement process, procedures and automation.
* Pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of issues.
* Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis and predicting future database resource requirements.
* Provide 24 x 7 escalation supports for Oracle and MySQL environment and for assigned account(s).
* Participating in a rotating on-call schedule with DBA team.
* Documenting the support procedure, change request, Project plans.
* Provide Hosting Professional Services for customers with requirements that go beyond the normal scope of work.
* Working closely with other team leads and their technical teams to ensure delivery of database services within the performance targets set.
* Defining and implementing consistent standards across systems.
* Defining database configuration standards related to performance and sizing for both transactional and data warehouse databases.
* Mentoring and knowledge transfer to other DBAs
* Strong knowledge of UNIX shell or Perl scripting languages.
* Quick Learner and strong listening and communication skills.
* Self Starter who can work in mission critical environment without any supervision.
* Have ability and willing to plug-in in different DBA operations role across the company.
* Work in any of the 2 assigned shifts (6:00 am to 3:00 pm IST, 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm IST).
* May require working in either Mon-Fri, Tue-Sat or Sun-Thu weekdays schedule.
Four years college degree in computer science or equivalent
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center