To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Participate in the development of PC workstation and Internet based applications.
* Efforts include requirements definition through preliminary and detailed design, coding, testing and integration.
* Responsibilities also include supporting customer demonstrations and participating in overall system design team meetings and reviews.
* The position requires close interaction and participation with a team of software developers.
* The requirements definition phase will include working closely with business personnel.
* Monitoring of SQL Agent jobs and remediates failures when they occur
* Perform pro-active capacity planning, recommend and implement solutions to provide scalability
* Build and enforce database change management, security standards and best practices across various database environments and ensure processes are adhered to and documented
* Support production and non-production deployments of database schema changes, code deployments, and stored procedures
* Create automated scripted solutions to perform various administration and monitoring tasks
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* A minimum of four years experience in a team-based software engineering role
* Experience with object-oriented and service-oriented analysis, design and development
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong commitment to meeting customer needs
* Good "team player", strong interpersonal skills
* "Self starter", highly motivated
* Ability to communicate with non-technical end users to gather requirements
* Experience building and shipping at least one commercial product
* Microsoft SQL Server DBA for 2000, 2005, 2008
* Experience with clustered SQL Server setup and maintenance, tuning
* Logged Shipped Database Replication setup and maintenance
* Transactional Database Replication setup and maintenance
* Backup and Recovery including Full and Incremental (TLOG) backups
* Maintenance Plans for rebuilding indexes and identifying improvements based upon statistics
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center