To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Oversee the design and operation of business critical systems.
* Participate in the development of the Credit Union's technology strategy.
* Provide tier 2 and 3 support on technical issues.
* Adhere to all documented standards, guidelines, and procedures.
* Experience with database administration for SQL Server, including database performance tuning, optimization, and index management.
* Ensuring that database storage, archiving, capacity management, high availability, and backup and recovery procedures are built correctly with new systems and are functioning correctly on existing SQL Server systems.
* Experience controlling database access permissions and privileges, troubleshooting and resolving database problems, using SQL Server monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Advanced SQL skills to assist in building data interface packages.
* Support project and business platform work requests.
* Respond to production incidents.
* Deliver Service Requests defined in the Service Catalog.
* Research business needs and track vendor roadmaps.
* Ensure that solutions maintain compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Demonstrate professional business acumen.
* Collaborate with peers in other business units.
* Deliver quality work within specified timelines.
* Follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
* Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail orientated, demonstrating ability to work both independently and in group settings.
* Organize workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed with quality and as scheduled.
* Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
* Provide status updates to management and stakeholders regarding issues and progress.
* Must be able to share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form to executive staff, business units, and staff in a clear and concise manner that is the parlance of each group.
* Anticipate service issues and determine root cause and potential solutions.
* Eight or more years of experience in working with computer systems in a technical capacity.
* Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies.
* Experience deploying systems, software, and configuration changes.
* Experience working in an ITIL environment including strong change control and configuration management practices.
* Familiarity with scripting languages, automation tools, and performance tuning.
* Experience evaluating vendors and systems against a set of requirements.
* Experience designing solutions with high availability and real time monitoring.
* Four-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center