To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Senior DBA – SQL Server Windows
* Industry experience that include serving as a DBA in all facets of MS SQL Server DBMS design, implementation, deployment, administration and maintenance, and project coordination
* Experience in database environments life cycle management and support of production and development environments
* Technical experience in the following: SQL Server 20005 through 2008R2
* Experience with High Availability and DR solutions (e.g. any of SQL Server Failover Clustering, Mirroring, Log Shipping, and Replication)
* Production Operations & Support and Security Administration
* Must know TSQL, and have experience in automating tasks through moderately complex scripts
* Extensive experience and knowledge working in Windows environments
1. Bachelor in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline or equivalent work related experience.
2. At least 5 years database administration/management experience; strong design/architecture, data migration, database performance & tuning, backup & recovery experience with multiple databases in large scale enterprise environments;
3. Advanced knowledge and understanding of data base administration with applicable Server Integration Services and/or related technology. Strong Transact SQL skills, including coding/debugging/performance tuning of complex stored procedures.
4. Advanced knowledge of database analysis, manipulation, mapping cleansing; data structures; exporting data; data processes/flow; database performance tuning/optimizing; scripting; creating databases and using data analysis tools.
5. Related experience within industry (Risk management/analytics, credit bureau, or Insurance) and related data content are strongly preferred.
6. Advanced knowledge and understanding of ETL tools such as Data Junction or related technologies.
7. Knowledgeable with network platforms and related network technologies.
8. Strong mentorship/leadership (involving the ability to present and train others in small and large groups) and team collaboration with multiple functional groups.
9. Strong interpersonal, communication/presentation skills (verbal and written) tailoring communication method and approach to the needs of the audience (such management, data staff, vendors, and technical/non technical staff).
10. Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously and successfully prioritize and provide project leadership on multiple projects of varying levels of size and complexity (including an understanding costs/budgets) through each stage of the project lifecycle, using MS Project or related application; and effectively apply project methodology.
11. Advanced and innovative problem solving; research; analysis; critical thinking; risk assessment and decision making skills for complex database administration and related issues.
12. Willingness to be on call and support critical data issues that arise in the evening or on weekends.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center