To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR- SQL Server
• Assist team of SQL Server DBAs in leading technology challenges and the support of high number of production and lower lifecycle Instances.
• Assist SQL Server DBAs in hardware capacity planning and database upgrades.
• Provide SQL Server database administration/management and apply advanced performance tuning techniques.
• Provide technical troubleshooting for applications and database systems with emphasis on root cause analysis.
• Write and maintain documentation describing changes and architecture modifications to all systems and databases.
• Participate in the researching solutions to various business and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and work with Lead DBA in providing recommendations/justifications to management.
• Manage database related projects, design, implement and support moderate to large sized databases.
• Learn features of SQL Server newest versions and assist Lead DBAs with implementing production changes that will improve overall database performance.
• Mentor Interns.
• Provide second level on-call support for production databases.
• 5+ years of IT experience
• 3-5 years of SQL Server Database Administration
• Experience in second level support of 24x7 production database environments
• Ability to manage own time and complete assigned tasks on time with a high degree of quality and moderate supervision.
• Proficient in Transact SQL and performance tuning.
• Experience supporting SQL Server 2005, 2008, and 2008 R2
• Solid verbal and written communication skills.
• College degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center