To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Sr. Progress Database Administrator
* Shares Progress dba tasks with others as required.
* Leads by example and reviews the quality of all completed support work.
* Defines the standards and procedures that are used to manage Progress database environments.
* Provides status reports to managers and other teams as required.
* Escalates issues within the reporting structure when necessary.
* Drives the tactical resources of department initiatives.
* Defines Progress database configuration standards across platforms, whether for transactional or data warehouse style databases.
* Defines innovative strategies to improve the standards and procedures used for Progress database monitoring, performance management, capacity planning, backup and recovery, high availability and scalability, security and access control.
* Collaborates with System Engineers, Application Developers and Operations to build optimized Progress database solutions.
* Ensures that agreed Progress database standards and procedures are adhered to by the Group.
* Maintains accurate and up to date documentation on the standards and procedures used to manage Progress databases.
* Designs test and implementation plans for database modifications as part of the development to production process.
* Analyzes and resolves all database issues, however complex and critical, including referral to 3rd party support agencies when required.
* Performs all daily database administration activities such as storage management, backup validation and performance tuning.
* Optimizes application data models for performance, manageability, scalability and availability.
* Analyzes and provides recommendations on application logic and interfaces to improve database performance and availability.
* Implements complex database solutions as needed, such as high availability and disaster recovery.
* Creates capacity plans and schedules.
* Prepares and analyzes database trend analysis reports.
* Builds standard database frameworks.
* Designs and builds database-related scripts and programs to support development and production environments.
* Bachelorís Degree in computer Science or a combination of formalized training, practical work experience and a demonstrated knowledge of the essential job duties.
* Five years of experience as a production Progress DBA.
* Three years experience as a development Progress DBA.
* Advanced knowledge and practical experience in the design and support of large, multi-terabyte and mission critical Progress database environments.
* Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of Progress database internals and data structures.
* Experience designing, implementing and supporting complex architectures such as high availability, disaster recovery and scalability for mission critical, 24*7 environments.
* Experience in capacity planning.
* Experience in managing Progress databases on clustered hardware.
* Experience deploying and managing databases with enterprise monitoring and management tools.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center