To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
multiple RDBMS DBA
This role requires a service-oriented mentality, a high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, a focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
* Install and configure multiple RDBMS’s and components
* Install and deploy databases
* Develop T-SQL stored procedures and functions.
* Create backup plans
* Test disaster recovery scenarios
* Manage security
* Predictive Analytics / Resource management
* Works on projects with development DBAs
* Performance tuning
* On-Call support
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for RDBMS’s.
* Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
* Experience with Database Administration for multiple RDBMS’s.
* Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
* Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
* Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
* Good communication and documentation skills.
* Experience with SQL Server Components(SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
* Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
* Experience/Familiarity with Hadoop, Sqoop
* Experience /Familiarity with NoSQL, couchbase.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center