To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
• Establish and maintain working relationship with representatives from the customer/vendor.
• Provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of projects, issues, and deliverables to representatives from the customer/vendor.
• Develop and maintain understanding of key processes, schedules, cycles, profiles, etc. for the technical systems in use by a customer.
• Document key processes, schedules, cycles, profiles, etc. for the technical systems in use by a customer.
• Meet service levels objectives, based on the metrics, for the IT systems and processes in use by a customer/vendor.
• Perform activities in support of a 24x7 global support model for all environments in support of customer.
• Participate in the execution of the monthly maintenance process, including patches, system configurations, and preventative maintenance activities, across all production environments in support of customer.
• Work with Oracle Support to facilitate analysis of and resolution to technical issues.
• Participate in rotation for after-hours support of environments.
• Assume responsibility during problem resolution. Uses troubleshooting techniques to identify root cause and implements permanent corrective action to resolve issues.
• Manage small projects & change requests, using basic project management techniques.
• Monitor the database environment to identify and recommend alternatives/enhancements.
• Consult with end users and developers to recommend the most appropriate database solution.
• Assist application development teams with database design considerations.
• Assist in the designs of data models.
• Assist in performance tuning, and monitoring of all system tiers.
• Maintain current knowledge of the technology workspace in terms of current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies, and their relevance and impact.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Minimal travel as required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
• 2+ years of IT related experience.
• 2+ years experience in working with SQL Server database technologies.
• Experience with Log Shipping, Mirroring, and High Availability (cluster servers).
• Experience with implementing and supporting SQL, SSIS.
• Strong understanding of SQL Server databases environment and architecture.
• Strong understanding of computer operating systems like Windows, Linux or Unix.
• Working knowledge of key system packages and utilities.
• Full lifecycle development of complex system and application software.
• 2+ years of experience in multi-server environments.
• Exposure to other RDBMS systems such as Oracle, MySQL preferred.
• Willing to learn and support Oracle environments.
• Understand and execute the IT processes of Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Configuration Management.
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
• Certifications in Oracle 10g/11g Administration, a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center