To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* In-depth knowledge of the My SQL platform, including high-availability design/operation, performance tuning, Capacity planning, automated back-up and recovery
* Expertise with MySQL replication, active/passive clustering, disaster recovery.
* Experience with task automation scripting using Python, Perl, Shell, or other UNIX based languages.
* Assist production support teams (Datacenter Support / DevOps) and development teams with application deployments and issue resolution
* System administration skills required to troubleshoot database related problems at the O/S level, on Linux/Unix, and commercially available server and storage systems.
* Maintain and monitor performance, space utilization, uptime and availability of all database systems.
* Maintain database backup jobs and ensure the integrity of backups.
* Follow ITIL change management best practices for system modifications
* Knowledge and experience with service-oriented architectures
* Strong understanding of applied statistics and analytics algorithms.
* Experience with Database capacity scaling techniques such as caching, sharding, data partitioning
* B.S degree in Computer Science
* 3+ years as Data Base Administrator
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Positive, team-oriented attitude.
* Experience with Oracle, or SQL server Data Bases
* ITIL certified
* Strong sense of customer service
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center