To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Responsible for designing, engineering, configuring, administration and maintenance of applications on MS SQL/Oracle servers.
* Designs, implements and maintains complex databases, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
* Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, and integration of systems through database design.
* Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of database management.
* Supports software and hardware engineering upgrades to operating systems, Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and layered software packages.
* Coordinates with other technical teams to schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Recommends tuning to the RDBMS system to achieve optimum performance levels to operations.
* Ensures RDBMS data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
* Develops and maintains a comprehensive RDBMS hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
* May interact with network engineering, systems engineering, application management engineering, and/or distributed computing to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
* Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
* Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
* Maintains currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise
* BS or BA Degree and/or 4+ years of experience in the technology consulting field with operational focus in TRANSACT/SQL and PL/SQL database engineering
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center