To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Ensure that database models are moved to operational status in a secure and operationally supportable manner.
* Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide optimum database performance
* Controlling access permissions and privileges;
* Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
* Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements;
* Installing and testing new versions of the database management system;
* Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act and SOX compliance;
* Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
* Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
* Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
* Capacity planning;
* Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
* Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
* Working closely with Server and Storage technologists to ensure database environments are configured optimally.
*2-4 years overall Information Technology Experience, at least 2 of which will have been in a database administration type role.
* Bachelorís or technical degree preferred or equivalent level of experience
* Strong Project Management and Planning skills
* Must be able to act independently and to conduct detailed system analysis.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center