To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Responsible for installing, configuring, administration and maintenance of applications on MS SQL/Oracle servers.
* Performs software and hardware installations and upgrades to operating systems, Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and layered software packages.
* Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
* Monitors and tunes the RDBMS system to achieve optimum performance levels.
* Ensures RDBMS data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
* Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
* Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offSite storage and retrieval services.
* Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of RDBMS to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive RDBMS hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
* May interact with network engineering, systems engineering, application management engineering, and/or distributed computing to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
* Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
* Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
* Maintains currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise.
* BS or BA Degree and/or 10+ years of experience in the technology consulting field with operational focus in TRANSACT/SQL and PL/SQL database administration.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center