To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
Database Architect / Administrator (DBA)
• Manage MySQL on the Linux platform in Production, Staging, QA, and/or Development environments including installation, configuration, optimization, automation, backup, recovery, upgrades, schema changes, security, etc.
• Capacity planning, design and implement scalable MySQL infrastructure (master-slave,sharding, re-sharding)
• Create processes to ensure fast query responses, data integrity and identify potential data errors. In other words, help figure out appropriate monitoring techniques
• Quickly troubleshoot database server problems and develop and deploy preventive measures to maintain high availability
• Assist in the development of the data warehouse application for the analytics team
• Writing documentation, including standards, procedures, and definitions for the data.
• 3-5 years production database administrator experience, ideally on MySQL with established large scale Internet sites
• Strong scripting abilities in one of Shell, Perl, Python, PHP scripting
• Solid knowledge in database performance tuning, partitioning/sharding and messaging systems
• Great communication skills to influence overall system design
• Experience with data warehouses and analytics knowledge and experience
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center