To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
1. Coordinates the planning and development of new, complex relational databases.
2. Ensures adherence to data standards across the University environment.
3. Develops and documents database procedures and policies and resolves complex protocol deviations in existing databases.
4. Maintains and administers database systems to ensure effective implementation and use of databases including software testing, debugging, and data quality assurance projects.
5. Implements technical solutions including installation, configuration, and resolution of issues with multiple layers of products and technologies.
6. Works directly with University departments to troubleshoot problems, create reports, identify and resolve technical issues. Communicates directly with staff to understand goals and solve user problems.
7. Documents end user's experience, and develops methodologies and assessment techniques that address usability goals.
8. Provides training on database, appropriate use and facilitates user groups.
9. Performs various coding, debugging and unit testing tasks in support of assigned projects.
10. Assists in evaluating University business and administrative processes and needs and develops solutions to technical problems.
11. Assists in developing and implementing database security procedures, including access authorization, logins, and permissions.
12. Applies current programming standards and methodologies to all relevant projects and activities.
13. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and five years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center