To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
IT Software Engineer - DBA
1. Participate in solution design to satisfy a wide range of business needs.
2. Analysis and translation of business requirements into technical requirements for development, and creation of design documents and technical specifications.
3. Adhere to Best Practices and Standards in the areas of technology and security.
4. Provide post implementation support including, but not limited to, monitoring application performance and debugging existing code.
5. Keep abreast of advancements and changes in technology and develop an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged provide business solutions.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification with focus on Microsoft Database technologies.
Minimum 3 years experience working as a DBA.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Strong working knowledge of SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
2. A proven ability to develop and implement data design models on enterprise level applications.
3. Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle; with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
4. Strong working knowledge of SQL Server administration skills: backups, scripting, administration, database maintenance and application maintenance.
5. Familiar with SQL Server clustered environment.
6. Database performance tuning.
7. Database index maintenance.
8. Ability to support the team on-call rotation.
9. Strong critical thinking and analysis skills; ability to provide primary and alternate.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center