To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
• Perform server and storage capacity management and planning for the most complex and critical systems.
• Recommend and implement process and tool improvements to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization's change management and configuration management processes and systems.
• Plan for transition of the development and/or production environment to new technology.
• Recommend and plan server recapitalization. Perform server performance tuning. Baselines and forecasts server performance data and tunes server hardware and software configurations.
• Utilize system software to monitor the performance of system files; manages system data to maintain performance efficiencies.
• Study system requirements to determine proper server installation methods and procedures. May provide 24x7 operational support.
• Provide technical support in the evaluation of prime object names, data elements, and other objects.
• Evaluate proposed objects and their attributes.
• Ensure that proposed object definitions are clear, concise, technically correct, and that they represent singular concepts.
• Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
• Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
• Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
• Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
• Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
• Read trade magazines and technical manuals, or attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
• Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
• Conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
• Create and maintain monitor definitions and rules based upon requirements from Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Monitor and conduct advanced analysis of output and performance of management of systems according to prescribed standards.
• Plan and test capacity requirements.
• Ensure that services are provided with sufficient capacity to meet the business requirements.
• Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
• Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
• Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
• Supervise and coordinate workers engaged in problem solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
• Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
• Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
• Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, or cost comparison analysis.
• Manage, monitor and administer database system performance and schedule activities.
• Perform optimization and tuning of data loads and extractions.
• Recommend appropriate procedure, query or package changes and optimizations to ensure and improve system performance and reliability.
• Install and configure database environments and associated storage systems.
• Perform backups/restores, and archive data.
• Backup or archival software — Acronis Recovery Expert; Backup and archival software; Systems and data disaster recovery software; VERITAS NetBackup
• Data base management system software — Database management software; Microsoft SQL Server; Quest Central; Sybase Replication Server, Database models
• Development environment software — C; Microsoft Visual Basic; Prolog; Restructured extended executor REXX
• Metadata management software — AllFusion ERwin Data Modeler; Data modeling software; IBM Rational Data Architect; Visual Paradigm DB Visual ARCHITECT
• Object or component oriented development software — Microsoft Visual C# .NET; Practical extraction and reporting language Perl; Sun Microsystems Java; Sybase PowerBuilder
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center