To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
1. Preventative and proactive maintenance on all databases and database servers.
2. Research upgrades and patches to the databases, database servers, applications, application servers, and install essential ones.
3. Monitor security and activity logs. Document and investigate irregularities and make improvements where needed.
4. Troubleshoot database and application performance problems.
5. Create and maintain security on the servers and databases.
6. Backup the Manager of IT Infrastructure, Network and Server Administrators as needed.
7. Work with various application vendors, departments, and end users to ensure most efficient use of database environment.
8. Special projects as directed by the Manager of IT Infrastructure.
* Knowledge of windows server and network administration
* A demonstrated aptitude for learning technically advanced concepts
* Entry level SQL programming, security, database management, and architecture design required.
* Ability to monitor, tune-up, and troubleshoot environment performance and implement changes to make improvements.
* Knowledge of database backup and recovery methods and applications required.
* Ability to maintain reporting, alerts, and scheduled SQL DB jobs.
* Experience with web, application, and mobile application development and programming a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to explain instructions to people
* Motivation to solve problems quickly, but thoroughly as well as the ability to proactively and continuously look for potential ways to improve functionality and performance of the end users.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Demonstrated experience as a customer focused and user advocate in a support role
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and one- two years of job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center