To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
• Assist in the planning, design and implementation of new consumer products, database projects and the database component of various engineering projects.
• Design database schema for new products/projects and schema modifications to support product enhancements.
• Assist software engineers in query performance tuning as requested. Help identify inefficient queries; suggest alternatives in a constructive manner.
• Write PL/SQL packages and stored procedures as part of product development.
• Share responsibility for responding to ad hoc requests.
• Ensure the quality, consistency and security of company data and database systems by following a defined set of procedures and facilities (change control, security procedures, etc).
• Follow standards – documentation, data formats, naming conventions and change control. Follow standardized routine database maintenance procedures across all environments.
• Actively address developer and business unit requests, clearly communicating commitments, issues, completion dates and status with the requestor and with management.
• Understand the corporate business and appropriately prioritize activities to best serve business needs.
• Keep in touch with technological advances. Evaluate and recommend upgrades and new technologies as appropriate for the enterprise.
• Minimum four years Database Developer experience
• Must have a detailed familiarity with relational database schema design and experience designing and implementing the database components of software applications
• Oracle experience is required, and Oracle 11G experience is desired
• Advanced PL/SQL skills are desirable; intermediate PL/SQL skills are required
• Knowledge of MySQL is a plus
• Proficiency with UNIX (Solaris and linux), shell scripting and crons are desired
• Must communicate effectively with management, peers and customers.
• Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center