To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Manage the installation, configuration and administration of database management systems, utilities, and tools in MS SQL 2000, 2005 and 2008 clustered and non-clustered environments.
* Design and implement systems, policies, and procedures for data backup/ archiving and disaster recovery to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
* Provide support related issues for production, QA, and development databases.
* Create standards for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
* Work with system administrators to develop optimal hardware and software configurations.
* Perform tuning to ensure database optimization, review preliminary database designs, data analysis, and creation of new databases as needed.
* Write and analyze code used for adding, querying, and modifying of data.
* Create/ troubleshoot/ maintain SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages. Occasionally troubleshoot / maintain SQL server 2000 Data Transformation (DTS) packages.
* Daily monitoring of the database space, file distribution, response time, utilization and other parameters to ensure that the system is performing at its peak.
* Administer database servers across multiple geographic locations.
* Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
* Understand environments that are part of the application, where they reside and how they interrelate on the various servers
* Test new database software and upgrades to be put into production.
* Perform installation and maintenance of third party databases; provide technical support for solving database/software failures.
* Participate in projects, manage deadlines; provide status reports.
* Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
* Create documentation of database specifications and processes.
* On a part-time, rotating schedule, provide night / weekend on-call support for mission critical databases. Respond to on-call pages as required.
· BA/BS in an appropriate discipline
· 3+ years of real-world experience as a DBA or equivalent using Microsoft SQL Server.
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center