To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
* Multiplatform OS knowledge and experience, primarily in UNIX (to include Linux and MS operating systems) environment is required.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills; effective oral and written communication skills.
* Accustomed to supporting 24X7 mission-critical production applications and databases.
* Proactively estimating future growth of applications in the areas of database size, number of end-users and application functionality is a highly desirable trait.
* The selected candidate will be responsible for documenting the environment and authoring project plans and migration plans.
* Candidate should possess a good working knowledge of enterprise RDBMS to include Oracle and MSSQL.
* This position is responsible for implementing, upgrading and maintaining all Oracle enterprise databases in enterprise architecture.
* Oracle 9i,10g,11G, SUN Solaris 9-10, TOAD, DataGuard, Grid Control, DBA experience.
* Minimum of 6+ years of experience as a production database administrator in a UNIX (to include Linux and MS operating systems) environment.
* Must be able to quickly troubleshoot and diagnose database problems and resolve within a short timeframe.
* Strong SQL and PL/SQL skills.
* Have a solid and demonstrated experience installing, configuring, upgrading, patching and tuning Oracle 10g and 11g running on Solaris as well as demonstrated experience with Oracle Data Guard.
* Demonstrated experience with UNIX operating systems – using shell scripting to manage Oracle database processes and Oracle backup (Hot backup, cold backup, RMAN and Export/Import).
* Ability to run backups and write scripts to manage this process.
* Experience in database tuning and know how to troubleshoot database performance problems.
* Must know UNIX and have a good handle of UNIX commands and use of editors.
* Rebuild database quickly if necessary, experience with database exports/imports
* Comfortable applying vendor (Oracle) patches.
* Secret Clearance
* Bachelors Degree
* 6+ years Oracle DBA experience
* Security +
* Oracle Certification
* Solaris/Unix experience
* Data Guard experience
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center