To see other DBA job opportunities,
please visit http://dba.fyicenter.com/
SQL Server Database Administrator:
· Responsible for administration of SQL Server databases.
· Installation, Administration and Maintenance of SQL Server Instances.
· Setup Test, Develop, Staging and Production Environments and synchronization of databases.
· User and Security Management.
· Database Backups and Restores.
· Experience of keeping High-Availability as part of Disaster Recovery Strategy for the Databases.
· Monitoring and Performance Tuning at Server Level, Database level (Database settings and options) and query tuning/optimization.
· Troubleshoot various problems that arise in a day-to-day work and fix the issues.
· Work With application Managers, Software Developers and other Business users.
· Documentation skills to record the changes, writing design and implementation plan.
· Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, or MIS degree
· 3-5 years’ experience with various versions of SQL Server, configuration/deployment, and troubleshooting SQL Server
· Excellent written and verbal communication; Must be able to document implementations, modifications, and removals to the database managed
· Must have IT operations experience in 24x7 environments
· Must be willing be to work some nights and weekends in support of maintenance. Must also participate in a 24hr on call rotation schedule
· Understanding of data backup methodologies
To apply for this position, please visit
DBA FYI Center